Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bento #3 - onigiri take one...

i am getting so impatient!!! only several more days before i receive my package of bento goodies. it will only be the basic pieces... that is, until i find a local store to sells bento thing-a-ma-jigs. paying for shipping is not necessarily the way i like to spend my hard earned bucks.

this bento is a the debut of my first onigiri! i didn't receive my molds yet, but wanted to give hand-molding a try. i mixed some fresh white rice with soy glaze (from my soy-glazed drumsticks) and sesame seeds for taste. after tossing it around to mix and cool the rice down a bit, i poured the rice mix onto a piece of saran wrap. a little squish here, a little pinch there and... TA DA! so proud, so proud. =)


soy-glazed drumstick, green beans (salt/pepper/sesame oil), soy-glazed onigiri
carrots for filler, and mini brownie squares (to be placed in flower cups)

No comments: