Monday, January 14, 2008

first step into bento-ing...

packing lunch for work is not something new for me, but bento-ing is different. typically, i make enough food for the bf & i for dinner and lunch the next day. it would consist of carbs (rice or pasta... yea, that's it), protein, and veggies. the problem is i usually like more veggies during dinner, which does not leave much for lunch. result? lunch heavy in carbs and meat... not very well-rounded. i have been staying on a gym routine, so eating healthier is my next goal. i have been following a couple of bento blogs and am convinced! here we go...
naval oranges; hummus & crackers (hidden underneath; almond tofu
pudding; blueberries; naval orange sections; 1/4 chicken finger sub

i found many tips on the internet on properly packing a bento and types of food barriers to use. there is not much of a color variance (except for the blueberries - they smelled so fragrant at the supermarket that i could not resist). hopefully, the next one will be better. i am, however, looking forward to this tomorrow. it is much more of a variety than my typical lunch. YAY!


1 comment:

Yvo Sin said...

YAY, congratulations on bento-ing! I didn't know you started a bento blog! I'm so excited for you!!! Obviously I don't know you and have never seen you but I am serious when I say I lost a buttload of weight when I started bentoing (so far, about 16 lbs, in the course of a few months, then the holidays hit, so I'm hoping to go back down now, even further). So if that's your goal, totally awesome!!!