Monday, January 28, 2008

Bento #7 - wasa... bi?!

It has been a long search, but I finally found sushi rice at a local asian market. So of course, I had to make some real onigiri with my mold! I read on a fellow bento blog about tuna onigiri made with wasabi mayo, and just the sound of it made my mouth water. *drools* i had the ingredients and i added finely chopped celery for a bit of crunch... whoala! From 1 1/2 cups of rice, I was able to make six onigiri but only fit five in the quart size freezer bag so.... I ate the lone one as part of dinner tonight! The wasabi gives it just the right kick and is oh-so appetizing. The turkey wrap was made with a pesto wrap, but looks kind of dull next to the turkey and onigiri. Maybe I will go with the sundried tomato wrap next time for a bit more contrast. Btw, did you notice the flower and butterfly shaped baguette? *smiles*
top tier: turkey wrap with feta, hummus and spring mix; tuna onigiri
bottom tier: baguette, laughing cow swiss, grapes & grape tomatoes

1 comment:

Yvo Sin said...

Yum, looks great!!!