Monday, February 4, 2008

Bento #10 - new years feast!

I had a lunch date with a gf on Friday and made a long weekend trip to NYC this weekend for the upcoming CNY celebrations, but bentos are back for a short work week! CNY is this Thursday and do you know what that means? FOOD!!! *drools* I went home to have the annual family reunion dinner, but this year was a bit different. Instead of mom & dad spending all-day in the kitchen, we had dinner at a restaurant instead. The food was great, but there was sooooooooo much. My family knows that I am deprived of chinese food in Rochester, so I had the honors of bringing a lot with me! My bentos will be so happy this week. =)

Along with dinner leftovers, you are probably wondering what are those white cakes. They are turnip cakes that have little bits of dried shrimp and chinese sausage... yum! Dad makes them the best.

top tier: sauteed broccoli, turnip cake, oyster sauce in bottle
bottom tier: soy-glazed chicken breast, one small spare rib, two slices of steak, soy in fishie bottle
dessert dish: kiwi and mandarin orange slices
I forgot to mention... it's the debut of my lock&lock set! The round container is just one piece of a three-piece set. I was skeptical about the "leak-proof" claim, but put it to the test last week. I poured leftover soup into the round container shown (180ml) and not a drop leaked! L&L rocks.

2 comments:

Yvo Sin said...

L&L totally rocks even though I find it a pain to clean - it's dishwasher safe, but I have no. Ah well ! Microwave, freezer and dishwasher save, the trifecta!

Anonymous said...

You live in Rochester?! I went to the U of R for undergrad! BTW, I am looking to start doing the bento thing for my husband and I so I am really enjoying your blog.