Thursday, February 14, 2008

17 - leftover love

My bf and I have been dating for a very long time, but he still tries to out-do himself every year. <=) I used to always want to go someplace fancy for dinner, roses delivered to work, and all the other typical gush. But after so many years, doing that over and over gets old and takes the romance out of it. Instead, he made us dinner (ny strips!!!) and we enjoyed it by the fireplace. so romantic!... and warm!!! Like a candlelit dinner, but better! It gets better... guess what I got as a gift?!?! ok ok, it's not an easy guess... it's a season pass for the local golf course!!! OMG OMG! I got into golf two years ago and am completely hooked. The passes allow for unlimited play until October. How awesome is that?! See... no more typical gifts... a gift from the heart of something I love. It was a total surprise! Ok... enough exclamation marks... onto my lunch....
The steaks were just huge and neither of us finished. I cut the steak into smaller pieces, sauteed a bit more to get rid of pink on the outside (I like my steak medium-rare... drool) to go with a warm spinach salad. It will be very hard to wait until lunch time tomorrow!
top tier: spinach salad with grape tomatoes and red pepper feta
bottom tier: new york strip steak

No comments: