Monday, February 11, 2008

#14 - Steamed goodness

I'm using my new lock&lock bento box!!! It came as part of a 3-piece set of 100ml round, 180ml rectangular, and 600ml square (two shown here). I tested out the leak-proofness last week with soup, and it passed with flying colors. The two-tier bento has made enough appearances on this blog, so it was time to let l&l shine!

To be honest, I had absolutely nothing to pack for my bento except the bit of leftover stir fry noodles shown... or so I thought! Desperate to pack a healthy lunch (or attempt to... noodles is fairly heavy), I am so happy with the results of a well-stocked vegetable drawer and pantry items. The applesauce is organic, made with a hint of cinnamon... it's really good! The broccoli was thrown in the microwave with a splash of water, some minced garlic, salt and pepper. Bean sprouts were steamed in microwave, tossed with sesame oil, salt, pepper and a bit of soy. Yum!
bento clockwise: steamed broccoli, cinnamon apple sauce, beef & wide noodle stir fry, bean sprouts
snack box: happy cow swiss & water crackers

No comments: