Tuesday, April 22, 2008

042 - Rice to Riches

On my last trip back to NYC to visit family, a bunch of us had dinner at my parents then headed out to grab some dessert. I tried Pinkberry for the first time. It was good, but it wasn't anything TOO crazy or out-of-this-world. A couple others grabbed some sweets from Rice to Riches. That was good, but I can't get over the texture. =\ I did, however, fall in love with the containers! As soon as I saw them, I knew they'd be perfect for packing bentos! I know it is "ghetto" to reuse these containers, but I couldn't bring myself to let them be thrown out. Plus, we should recycle as much as we can! I doubt that these containers are microwaveable, so only cold/cool foods can be packed in them. I had some leftover dumplings and fish balls (from the noodle soup lunch I made) and shrimp cocktail. It is not by any means a very healthy lunch, but delish!



2 comments:

Yvo Sin said...

It's not ghetto. It's part of the principle of bento. You can start w/o buying anything special, just use properly sized take out containers that have been cleaned =)

Yvo Sin said...

PS How ghetto is it that I want to go to R2R now just to get some containers.