Sunday, March 9, 2008

27 & 28 - snow, snow, melt away...

*yawn* Moving the clocks ahead one hour last night has completely thrown my schedule off today. I woke up later than normal because of the lost hour, and I feel tired already even though it isn't that late! It is probably just all in my head, but I'm sticking to my story... for now. We went to watch 10,000BC today and it was one of the better movies that I've watched recently. Without giving any spoilers, I have to say that parts of the movie are neither geographically or historically correct BUT there is not a dull moment in the movie.

The first picture below was actually Friday's bento that I forgot to post on Thursday night. Most of the contents were just in the fridge, so they were neatly arranged as my snack/veggie tier. The cole slaw is the second last bit of my batch earlier in the week (made with a bit of wasabi mayo, salt, black pepper, white pepper, lime juice). One of my coworkers commented that the pastrami wrap looked like sushi from the way it was displayed. haha... it does, doesn't it? It must be subliminal, but I craved sushi after work and we went out for dinner to cure my craving. YUM!
top tier: seedless red grapes, organic carrot sticks, happy cow swiss, dried wild blueberries bottom tier: cole slaw, pastrami & swiss cheese wrap (1/2 spinach tortilla wrap)

This is my bento for tomorrow! I made tuna salad on Saturday with: 1 can chunk light tuna in water (drained), celery, carrot, wasabi mayo, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder. I think I am addicted to the wasabi mayo... that little kick is just so good! Ended up using only half for my lunch wrap on Saturday, so here is the other half for lunch. I will be spreading it on the 1/2 tortilla wrap with some swiss cheese slices on top, then throwing it in the toaster oven for a minute to melt the cheese and toast the wrap just slightly. Oh, my company has a break room that has both a microwave and toaster oven that comes in mighty handy! I tried this on Saturday and it was so good. It's a nice alternative to the typical cold wrap, especially on these cold days. By the way, we got hit with a foot of snow yesterday. I opened the garage door this morning to find 1.5 feet of snow banked against the door! =O The bf shoveled while I made dinner... he's so good.
clockwise: 1/2 spinach tortilla wrap (in saran wrap), cucumbers, tuna salad,
red bell pepper, dried wild blueberries, granny smith apple, swiss cheese

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy looking betos!!!