Tuesday, March 4, 2008

026 - getting creative with my beta-carotene

As I was peeling the carrot, my lightbulb went off as I looked at the peeler. Instead of the same old boring carrot sticks, I peeled thin carrot strips and rolled several to create my spirals. To secure them and keep from unraveling, I put a single wooden toothpick through the three carrot twists. The corn chowder is not the traditional type of chowder recipe. I sauteed some onion and minced garlic, threw in one can of sweet whole kernel corn, one can of creamed corn, and a half can of water. When the mix came to a boil, I added salt, black pepper, white pepper and stirred in two beaten eggs. Simple soup/chowder that is full of nutritional value. =)
Oh! Before I forgot (sorry yvo), here's a link to the grocery totes on Amazon. They look a LOT nicer than the pictures show, and the plastic bottom insert helps keep the bag from sagging when full. I used it for the first time this past Monday and loved it!!!

top tier: seedless red grapes, green bell pepper, organic carrot spirals
bottom tier: chicken, carrot and bell pepper fried rice
side box: corn chowder

2 comments:

Yvo Sin said...

Oh awesome thanks! I was thinking about getting Baggu ones. Actually I'm full up with reusable grocery bags, it's pretty insane. I have a ton of different ones, with different colors, from different places. Hehe. In fact... I'm supposed to post about them, damn it, I keep forgetting. Argh. Anyway. THANKS!

Yvo Sin said...

So funny! I saw the very same bags at the 99c Store in Manhattan on Wednesday and thought of you! They were each going for 99c, and they had the insulated one (also going for 99c), same brand and everything. I wanted to pick some up but my hands were completely totally full!