Tuesday, March 4, 2008

024 - my bf can cook!

Yikes, i am so behind with my postings! Last week was a mix of frustration at work and excitement for my short weekend trip. I had these pictures of bento lunches on my camera, but no time or patience to post them. My trip to Virginia was short but definitely sweet. It was planned nearly two months ago to rendez-vous with my best friend from college (a.k.a. drinking buddy). We hadn't seen each other since our trip to Ireland almost two years ago! There was a lot of catching up, a lot of eating, a lot of drinking, and a lot of laughing. It's quite funny because no matter how long it has been since we've seen each other, it seems like just yesterday and there is zero awkwardness. I love our relationship! =) Saturday night was spent at an Irish pub (we are trying to relive our trip) for dinner and a looooong night consisting of Guinness (the best beer ever)in all possible combinations. Guinness straight up... baby Guinness (Bailey's floated on Khalua shot)... Irish car bombs (Bailey's shot dropped in Guinness)... <=) I don't do this often, honest! Now... back to reality... This was yesterday's lunch, which was made by my truly! He had made a huge batch of his famous homemade meatsauce to last through the weekend. I absolutely LOVE his sauce, more so than my own. Yum-mo!
lunch box: penne with homemade meatsauce
side box: cole slaw with wasabi mayo

by the way, my valentines day rose lasted until yesterday!!! this is it on its last leg...

No comments: